TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ALL PITCHES
1. This is a green field site accessed off narrow country lanes.
2. The season opens 1st May and closes 31st October each year.
3. There are no toilets or showers, only a water point and a chemical disposal point.
4. Most of the pitches are sloping and none are fenced off.
5. Rules relating to emergency and fire are pinned to the notice board on the warden’s site hut and must be read soon after arrival.
6. Please think of others and keep generators, musical instruments, radios, televisions etc. down to a considerate noise level.
7. Please adhere to the Caravan Code and the Countryside Code.
8. Most pitches have an electrical hook up rated at 10 amps, maximum 2300 watts.
9. Payment for each pitch is due in full one week before arrival. In default of payment the pitch will be offered to other caravaners.
10. There will be no refunds if you leave early.
11. No electrical heaters are allowed in or under awnings.
12. You will be responsible for:
a) Positioning and levelling up your caravan
b) Insuring your van and vehicle; the Estate holds no liability for any damage or loss however caused.
c) Indemnifying the Smedmore Estate against any claims or actions against the Estate caused by your entry to the site and your occupation of a pitch.
d) Ensuring your electrical equipment is safe and complies with all current British Standards and Regulations.
e) Ensuring you and anyone staying with you and using your pitch respects the comfort and convenience of other site users.
f) Supervising any children associated with your pitch and ensuring they do not cause a nuisance to any other site users.
g) Keeping your pitch clean and tidy at all times and removing all waste.
h) Your pet’s behaviour and you are to ensure it is under control at all times and does not cause fouling or upset or alarm by making a noise.
13. Motor homes must empty their liquid waste into the chemical waste drain and not onto the grass.
14. There are to be no fires or fire pits, no weapons and no ball games on the site.
15. No caravans are to be sublet or sold and no remuneration received for the use of them while they are on the site.
16. If these terms and conditions are disregarded and the enjoyment of others is disrupted the warden reserves the right to request you to leave the site. Those not complying with Caravan Club site rules maybe reported to the head of membership services, who may suspend their membership.
17. In the unfortunate case of a complaint, please see the site warden whilst you are on site or post a note through the Site Hut door to request a chat before you leave. If the problem can’t be resolved with the warden please write to Fowler Fortescue, The Old Dairy, Fonthill Bishop, Salisbury, SP3 5SH.